Kristen Berman is co-founder of Irrational Labs, a behavioral product design company, along with Dan Ariely.
She has a fascinating job that involves looking into why people behave the way they do with their money, and discovering the easiest solution to help them create more positive financial behavior.
In short, she’s a proponent of redesigning the current financial system to make saving automatic and easy, and that’s part of what we discuss in this episode.
If creating better financial habits has been a challenge for you, or if you have trouble framing spending as a positive thing, rather than a loss, then Kristen has awesome advice for you.
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- Habits are overrated – one-time decisions are more effective.
- Simplify decision-making by giving yourself a rule-of-thumb to follow.
- Pre-commit to your financial goals.
- Measure process versus outcome.
- Use accountability partners to reach your goals.
- The Three Bs – Behavior, Barriers, and Benefits.
For more information, visit the show notes at https://affordanything.com/episode218